The department was established in the year of 2006 with an intake of 60. The department has well equipped laboratories to fulfill the needs of syllabus. The students of this department have consistently performed well in the university examinations.
The Students are encouraged to update their knowledge by regularly attending workshops, seminars, conference etc. The department is conducting various events like workshops, technical seminars, expert lectures FDPs etc. to meet the needs of today’s competitive world.
The course career paths followed are diverse ranging from electronic product design to heavy electrical plant maintenance, from research to production, from technical focus to customer focus.
To produce excellent manpower in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering by introducing innovative teaching methods and projects within the parameters of values and ethics; constantly interacting with industries to understand current requirements, collaborating with leading institutions to upgrade knowledge and establish Centre of Excellence.
To be an outstanding Department producing graduates of world class standards in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering through promoting excellence, imparting core values and ethics for holistic development of our graduates and be known as top ranking Department in the State of Karnataka by 2018
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
4 + years
Marks - General
Marks - SC / ST / OBC
Eligibility - Subjects
- Physics & Mathematics along with Chemistry/ Bio technology/ Biology
Eligibility - Exam
- A rank is must in Entrance Examinations like CET, KRLM, COMED –K, AIET, AIEEE Etc,.
Application Not Available! Please contact the office!
Accreditation, Approvals, and Recognition
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Approved Research Center
Electrical and Electronics Engineering opens career opportunities in many different areas, e.g.: electronics, design, commissioning and maintenance; project engineering and planning; automatic control and instrumentation, robotics; technical liaison and support; marketing and management.
- Relay & HV Lab
- DC & AC M/C Lab
- PE LAB & AE Lab
- CS LAB & MEASUREMENTS
- Micro Controller Lab/PSS Lab
- LD LAB
Program Educational Objectives
- The graduate will succeed in industries/technical profession and/or pursue post graduate program in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and allied fields by providing solid foundation in fundamentals of Mathematics, Science and Electrical & Electronics Engineering using modern tools and equipment to correlate theoretical aspects with practical needs.
- Graduates will be thorough professionals equipped with sound leadership, interdisciplinary teamwork, communication skills, and ethical practices along with concerns for environment and societal well being.
- Graduates will possess the capability to acquire new knowledge through skills of analysis, synthesis and knowledge generation, transmission and distribution in designing electrical systems to solve engineering problems and remain life-long learners in an increasingly technology-dependent society.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science, with fundamentals of electrical and electronics engineering so as to be able to solve complex engineering problems related to EEE.
- Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering problems using principles of mathematics, Science and Engineering Sciences
- Design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data to develop electrical and electronics systems, electronic devices, software, and systems etc to meet desired needs within realistic constraints of economics, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety parameters.
- Conduct investigation of complex Electrical & Electronics related problems using research based knowledge and research methods to provide logical conclusions.
- Demonstrate usage of relevant modern tools to provide effective Electrical & Electronics Engineering solutions using the hardware and software based modelling, simulation, design and communication tools necessary for EEE practice.
- Apply contextual knowledge based on informed reasoning to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Assess the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and be conscious of ethical responsibilities and norms of EEE practice
- Undertake individual responsibilities and to work as part of a team.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms
- Apply managerial principles to his/ her own work including financial implications and to manage project in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and be motivated to engage in life-long learning.
Course @ Glance
- Electrical Measurments & Instruments.
- Analog Electronic Circuits
- Transformers & Induction Machines
- D.C. Machines & Synchronous Machines
- Illumination Engineering
- Linear Control Systems
- Reactive Power Management
- High Voltage Engineering
- HVDC Power Transmission
- Computer Communication and Networking
News & Events
Dept of EEE is organizing Two Days National Symposium TESLA-2K19 on 2nd and 3rd April 2019.
Department of EEE organizing IEEE Xplore Project Literacy Program on 6th March 2019
Department of EEE organizing Career Guidance Talk on Embedded systems design a perspective on 13-02-2019
Department of EEE organizing IEEE Sponsored FDP on Effective e-Resources Retrieval strategies for efficient Research on 30-01-2019.
Department of EEE organizing Five days FDP on Recent Trends In Electrical And Electronics Engineering on 7th - 11th January 2019