The Department of Robotics and Automation is introduced in the academic year 2021-2022 with an intake of 60 students. The course of study is the objectives at providing a basis through a profound understanding of engineering basics and the analytical, hands-on approach to problem-solving.
Robotics and Automation program is aimed at the Plan, Design, Construct, Operate and effective & independent usage of robotic devices. It is learned further the utilization of the computer systems required for its control, a sensor element, feedback, and information processing of Robotics and Automation devices.
This course aims to provide the students with project-based learning, project planning, probe learning, students will discover the processes and skills required to design, fabricate, interface, install, and troubleshooting industrial robots and automation systems of physical robot devices that they will control or automate the manufacturing devices, householding equipment’s, medical equipment’s, space equipment’s, etc. Students are given a chance to explore the design of automation systems, portable mobile robotics, and animatronics or simulation of traditional, modern robotics devices. In addition, students will also enhance the computational thinking and coding skills necessary to control their robotic or automated devices.
This course enables the students to conceive an employment opportunity in the job market globally.
The department is equipped with the academic, skill, and research-oriented laboratories, to solve the real industrial problem in automation and to develop robots, to enhance the skill of the students to meet the current scenario of the global industry. Such that the students are competent enough to solve complex industrial problems using robot and automation technologies. Deliver the subject contents and train the students by way of inculcating the moral, ethical, and social values.
To develop technically skilled Robotics and Automation engineers with the systems & multidisciplinary approach in-line with the dynamic technologies for the competitive solution to the society.
• To provide a technical education through an effective teaching-learning process to meet the industry requirement.
• To teach the process of designing, creating, and using robots to perform a certain task in problem-solving skills up-gradation of knowledge through project-based approach in collaboration with industries.
Robotics and Automation
Marks - General
Marks - SC / ST / OBC
Eligibility - Subjects
- Physics & Mathematics along with Chemistry/ Bio technology/ Biology
Eligibility - Exam
- A rank is must in Entrance Examinations like CET, KRLM, COMED –K, AIET, AIEEE Etc,.
Application Not Available! Please contact the office!
A+ Accreditation, Approvals, and Recognition
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Approved Research Center
- Robotics Process Automation Application Developer
- Robotics Programmer
- Built new concept of Robots for Industry and Society needs
- Design and Development of Automation simulator
- R&A Consultant
- Mechanical vibration
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s):
The Programme Educational Objectives aim to cultivate Robotics and Automation graduates who possess the necessary skills and can demonstrate proficiency in their field several years after graduation.
- PEO1: Develop skilled engineers with a solid foundation in Robotics and Automation, encompassing core competencies in diverse areas such as robotics programming, simulations, robot anatomy, and engineering principles.
- PEO2: Thrive in their professional careers by delivering engineering solutions and showcasing technical expertise gained through continuous learning in the realm of robotics and automation.
- PEO3: Create, design, and program robots for various engineering and societal applications using cutting-edge tools and technologies, while prioritizing solutions that are technologically advanced, economically viable, environmentally sustainable, and socially acceptable.
Program Outcomes (PO’s):
- PO1: Engineering Knowledge: Apply mathematical, physics, chemistry, scientific, and engineering fundamentals, along with specialized knowledge, to solve complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, and analyze intricate engineering problems, utilizing relevant research literature and fundamental principles of mathematics, natural sciences, electrical, electronics, computer science and engineering.
- PO3: Solution Design/Development: Design solutions and system components or processes that meet specified requirements, considering public health and safety, as well as cultural, societal, and environmental factors.
- PO4: Conduct Investigations: Employ research-based knowledge and methodologies, including experimental design, data analysis, and synthesis, to investigate complex engineering problems and draw valid conclusions.
- PO5: Conduct Investigations: Employ research-based knowledge and methodologies, including experimental design, data analysis, and synthesis, to investigate complex engineering problems and draw valid conclusions.
- PO6: Engineering and Society: Evaluate societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues associated with engineering practice, making informed decisions based on contextual knowledge and assuming related professional responsibilities.
- PO7: Environment and Sustainability: Recognize the impact of engineering solutions on society and the environment and possess knowledge of and commitment to sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles, uphold professional ethics and responsibilities, and adhere to engineering norms.
- PO9: Individual and Teamwork: Function effectively both as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and multidisciplinary settings.
- P1O: Communication: Effectively communicate complex engineering concepts and activities to the engineering community and the wider society, including the ability to comprehend and produce reports, design documentation, presentations, and clear instructions.
- P11: Project Management and Finance: Apply engineering and management principles in project management, working as a team member or leader in multidisciplinary environments.
- P12: Lifelong Learning: Recognize the importance of and possess the skills and motivation for independent and continuous learning in the face of technological advancements and changing contexts.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
These program-specific objectives (PSOs) are designed to help students understand the significance of their knowledge and skills in the Robotics and Automation program, and how they directly contribute to the improvement and sustainability of society.
- PSO1: Develop Robotics and Automation systems that align with evolving industry demands, ensuring graduates are prepared to meet current and future industry requirements.
- PO2: Apply automation systems effectively in various domains such as manufacturing, healthcare, industrial engineering, and safety, addressing specific needs and enhancing efficiency and safety in these areas.
Course @ Glance
- Transform Calculus, Fourier Series and Numerical Techniques
- Mechanics of Materials Mechanical
- Data Structure with C
- Thermal Engineering
- Analog & Digital electronic circuits
- Computer Aided Machine Drawing
- Data structure with C Lab
- Analog /Digital electronics Lab
- Vyavaharika Kannada (Kannada for communication)
- Theory of Machines
- Manufacturing Technology
- Fluid Mechanics & Fluid Machines
- Instrumentation & Control Systems
- Microcontroller Laboratory
- Instrumentation and control systems Laboratory
- Technological Innovation Management And Entrepreneurship
- Design and Analysis of Machine Elements
- Virtual Instrumentation
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Robot Programming
- Virtual Instrumentation and Automation Laboratory
- Robotic programming and simulation Laboratory
- Finite Element Methods
- Basics Power Electronic ( Motorsand Drives )
- PLC AND SCADA Laboratory
- Computer Aided Modelling and Analysis Laboratory
- Internship ( VI and VII semesters and /or VII and VIII semesters)
- Industrial Robotics
- Internet of Things
- Robotics Lab
- CNC Lab
- Project Work Phase – 1
- Automotive Electronics & Hybrid Vehicles
- Technical Seminar
Professional Elective -1
- Wireless Networks & Communication
- Micro and Smart Systems Technology
- Drives and Controls for Robots
- Artificial neural network
- Automation in Manufacturing
Professional Elective – 2
- Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing ( Mechanical)
- Automation In Process Control
- OOPS using C++
- Analytical Instrumentation
- Non Destructive Testing & Evaluation
Professional Elective – 3
- Machine Learning
- Digital Image Processing
- Mechanical vibration
- Power Electronics
- Composite Materials & Testing ( Mechanical)
Professional Electives – 4
- Management Information Systems
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Flexible Manufacturing systems
- Communication system
- Additive Manufacturing
News & Events
Sports Talent Hunt (First Year Students) on the eve of Kannada Rajyotsava 2023
Online Training on Automation Studio
Skill enhancement - Industrial visit Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers' Association (IMTMA) and India Manufacturing Show (IMS) 2023
DIDAC India 2023, the 13th edition of Exhibition and Conference for Education and Skilling Resources organized by the India Didactics Association (IDA)
Three Days Staff Development Program On “Intrudction To Python Programming & ITS Applications” – 2023
Three Days Staff Development Program On "Intrudction To Python Programming & ITS Applications"
Calender of Events