The Department was started in the year 2008 with an intake of 60. The course has become popular among students due to the achievements and rigor. The department has well equipped classrooms and computer laboratories with high-end systems.
The Information Science program, prepares the student to design and manage computerized data processing and decision support. The program is technically oriented emphasizing the design and implementation aspects of large scale information systems as well as the more traditional, managerial and organizational issues. It also balances development of systems engineering skills with learning to deliver reliable systems on time and within a specified budget.
“To Develop a Center of Excellence to offer broad need based Curricula, Innovative Teaching and Research in the field of Information Science and Engineering and to Produce Competent and Self disciplined Information Technology Professionals.”
“To Emerge as a leading Department in the field of Information Science and Engineering, in the state of Karnataka in 2021 by providing Quality Education.”
Information Science and Engineering
4 + years
Marks - General
Marks - SC / ST / OBC
Eligibility - Subjects
- Physics & Mathematics along with Chemistry/ Bio technology/ Biology
Eligibility - Exam
- A rank is must in Entrance Examinations like CET, KRLM, COMED –K, AIET, AIEEE Etc,.
Application Not Available! Please contact the office!
Accreditation, Approvals, and Recognition
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Approved Research Center
The latest designed Information Science course leads the students to newer environment including Internet applications and design, besides the traditional opportunities in computer career. They have greater opportunities in software development because of their excellent knowledge in Internet Science. In the future, IT industry will purely depend on information technologist.
- 40 Research papers were published in International and National journals & Conferences/ Seminars proceedings by the faculty.
- Series of seminars, workshop and FDP’s conducted.
- Students attended many management fest and won prizes.
- Students presented papers at National level conference.
- RAJES V sem ISE Presneted a paper on “ DATA MINGING TOOLS”, Secured FIRST position in National Level Technical Paper Presentation Competition, at SJCE Mysore on 23 OCTOBER 2010.
- Series of Industrial visits were organized.
- DBMS / COMPUTER GRAPHICS LAB
- SS & CD /USP LAB
- R & D/DS LAB/ST LAB
- COMPUTER NETWORKS/ DAA LAB
- WEB PROGRAMMING / PROJECT LAB
- C/FS LAB
- LOGIC DESIGN /EC/ MICRO PROCESSOR LAB
Program Educational Objectives(PEOs)
- PEO1 :Skill and Knowledge:- To apply Basic and Contemporary Science, Engineering Experimental Skills to identify and solve problems in the industry and academia.
- PEO2 :Lifelong learning:- To establish as Practicing Professionals and sustain Lifelong Learning in the field of Information Technology.
- PEO3 :Attitudes:- To understand and follow Professional Ethics, Public Policy and Aesthetics to become better IT Professional.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)The PSOs of department of Information Science and Engineering has framed the following Program Specific Outcomes in consultation with the concerned stakeholder and corresponding committees.
- PSO1 :Understand the principles of Information Science and Engineering and enrich knowledge in recent advancements and developments in Information Technology.
- PSO2 :Competent in programming and computing skills, ability to apply software development methodologies and modelling to solve real world problems in the field of Information Technology.
Course @ Glance
- Computer Concepts & ‘C’ Prog.
- Object Oriented Programming
- Data Structures with ‘C’
- Database management systems
- Computer networks
- Logic Design
- Network programming
- Information Systems
- Software Engineering
- Introduction to UNIX
- Data Communications
News & Events
Department of ISE organizing Expert Lecturer on Discrete Mathematical Structure on 08-11-2019
Department of ISE organizing Technical Talk on CISCO Internertworking- Essentials of CISCO Certifications and Opportunities on 11-10-2019
Department of ISE organizing Engineer’s Day- Technical Events on 14-09-2019
Department of ISE organizing Expert Lecturer on Machine Learning and Future Trends and Opportunities on 23-08-2019
Department of ISE organizing Placement Orientation Programme – Career Opportunities in IT Industries on 09-08-2019