The Department of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning(AI & ML) at RRCE was established in the year 2020. The Department offers B.E (AI & ML) Undergraduate program and with an intake of 60 students and the Department is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, Karnataka and approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AL & ML) appear for the next industrial revolution happening in the world today. Artificial Intelligence has been utilized in various fields.
Artificial Intelligence emphasizes the development of intelligent machines which think and work like humans. Machine Learning (ML) is a subset of Artificial Intelligence. ML is the science of designing and applying algorithms that are able to learn things from past cases. Based on a behaviour pattern in the past, it will be possible to predict future outcome. The ML algorithms use Computer Science and Statistics to predict rational outputs.
With the advancement in technology and modernization of today’s hardware & software components within computers which have grown in complexity, capacity & multitasking, the demand for quality engineers with expertise in software engineering has increased. More companies are investing resources in Machine Learning (ML), indicating a robust growth in AI products and apps in the near future.
Keeping this as the goal, the Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning department meets the VTU Curriculum & IT Industry requirements. The branch has an excellent team, dynamic & dedicated faculty members who are highly qualified with a rich & vast experience in teaching. The faculties are involved in proctoring, research, conduction of other co-curricular activities like Seminars, Workshops & Conferences apart from regular teaching.
AI and ML are integral parts of data science, where techniques from both such as regression, projecting analytics and more are applied for coming generation.
To bring out the competent and socially responsible engineers in the field of AI & ML education, research and innovation.
• To Inculcate, the integration process of concepts in AI & ML domain.
• To equip AIML graduates with skills to meet Industry and Societal challenges by skill enhanced training.
• To promote Research and ethical culture through interaction for broader application in AIML domain.
Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
Marks - General
Marks - SC / ST / OBC
Eligibility - Subjects
Physics & Mathematics along with Chemistry/ Bio technology/ Biology(UG)
Eligibility - Exam
A rank is must in Entrance Examinations like CET, KRLM, COMED –K, AIET, AIEEE etc..
Application Not Available! Please contact the office!
Accreditation, Approvals, and Recognition
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- A career in AI&ML offers great job satisfaction, combined with excellent compensation. A qualified AI&ML Engineer has excellent career prospects. The program offers opportunities to seek employment in prestigious organizations
- With a huge explosion in data and its applications,a career in the field of AI & ML such as - Business Intelligence Developer, Research Scientist, Full stack developer, Software architect, Data analyst, Data warehouse engineer and Product manager are highly demanding.
- The future roles are many with AI&ML as the foundation.
- The graduates of the program can pursue higher education and research at premier national or international universities with a great future in research. where Artificial Intelligence will make a lot of difference
- Pharmaceutical & Healthcare
- Industry & home automation
- Cognitive technology
- Information Technologies
- Software products
- Robotics and Automation
- Defense sectors
InfrastructureThe Department has fully fledged laboratories with latest softwares and systems which supports the curriculum. To enable AI & ML engineering students with best faculties to set an in depth practical understanding of their engineering the projects labs are designed. We have well equipped seminar halls, classrooms, departmental library and research center.
- Data Structures Laboratory
- Analog and Digital Electronics Laboratory
- Design and Analysis of Algorithm Laboratory
- Microcontroller and Embedded Systems Laboratory
- AI and Machine Learning with Python Laboratory
- Database Laboratory
- Natural Language and Image Processing Laboratory
- Web applications Laboratory
- Mobile Application development & Robotics automation Laboratory
- Internet of Things Laboratory
Program Educational Objects(PEOs)
- PE0 1: Develop compentent profession in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning towards advanced skills in solving contemporary problems
- PE0 2: Pursue their professional on technical and progress towards Research and Entrepreneurship.
- PE0 3: Progress as skilled in team and adapting leadership qualities and ethical values as per the society
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes(PSOs) The AIML graduates will have the ability to:
- PSO1: Design and develop AI & ML Solution, through modern engineering tools and Programming Language, Technical skills in presenting modern insights.
- PSO2: Ability to adapt continues changing AI & ML domain for innovative challenges.
Course @ Glance
- Machine Learning,
- Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing,
- Vision &Speech Recognition,
- Artificial Neural Network,
- Expert Systems and Fuzzy Logic,
- Data Science.