1. LEARNING BY DOING:A technique where students learn by experiencing the process in practical way.
2. STORY BOARD: Storyboard is a visual representation in the form of images, block diagrams or illustrations displayed for the purpose of pre-visualizing the concepts of the laboratory experiments in a single real-time application. This is presented to the students before conducting practical experiments in the laboratory to create enthusiasm among them
3. COURSE BASED PROJECTS: Where students are driven to implement course-basedprojects as an outcome of their laboratory course. This method intends creative imitation leading to research and innovation. Course-based Projects are developed for the laboratory courses of every semester and are presented.
4. PROCESS ORIENTED GUIDE INQUIRY LEARNING (POGIL): An ingenious teaching method has turned classroom just beyond books. In a POGIL classroom, students work in teams on guided inquiry exercises. The Guided Inquiry component of POGIL explicitly enhances the analytical and critical thinking skills of the students. POGIL uses guided inquiry – a learning cycle of exploration, concept invention and application – as the basis for carefully designed materials which is used by the students to construct new knowledge. Pedagogical training sessions on this universal method are conducted in the institution.
5. CLUB ACTIVITIES:Students Quality Club like Tesla, Ensave club and Science fiction club actively functioning in this College.
6. EXPERT LECTURE:Expert Lecturer by domain expert.
7. DO IT AND LEARN OUT OF BOX:A common engineering problem is defined to the students briefly. The students are motivated to find different solutions for the defined problem. Sometimes the problem defined by Industry/Competition is taken as a base. The feasibility of the solutions are discussed thoroughly An interactive session with mentors is conducted. The students are initiated to do a model prototype first. The results are evaluated. The students understand more about the engineering concept more now. BENEFIT: 1. Higher confidence level of the student, 2. Good preparedness for the students to face any level of examinations. 3. Students get placement and Internship opportunity.
8. RESEARCH, PROJECTS:To participate in national and international conferences. To undergo literature survey in my relevant field throughout my research life and to keepupdate the techniques and to implement it for better quality research.To publish more research papers with high impact factors. To conduct research and consultancy projects and to improve the stand of the university.After participated students have participated in a national and international conferences – got several contacts related their area of interest. Students participated in the International conference and presented their paper.
9. SKILL DEVELOPMENT IN PROGRAMMING:
students are given training and encouraged to participate in Programming contests. Training on various programming languages like Java, Python, MATLAB, PLC application development were given by industry experts to students and faculty members. The students are encouraged to participate in various national and international programming and app development contests.
10. PROGRAMMING CLUB: To motivate the students, outcome of this practice increase in rate of placement and several students can win prizes in various competitions, Increase in entrepreneurship and capable of developing software for our college.
11. COLLABORATIVE LEARNING
1.Students are grouped into various teams as per the strength of the class. 2. Students solve problems and get solutions for various types of problems 3. This helps them avoid any stress due to tests and also makes it interesting as they do it with their friends. 4. Giving extra assignment marks for exceptional teams encourage them to work better. 5. It is very obvious that students learn better from group discussions than from traditional class room teaching. 6. This also helps to improve students who are weak in mathematical concepts. 7. Students get individual attention during group activity. 8. This method is helpful for those students who hesitate to ask their doubts during teaching sessions.
12. ONLINE BASED ASSESSMENT: online-based assessment system is designed and deployed to the students. This system is used not only for formative assessment and learning as well. As this system is hosted in online, it is available 24 X 7, which makes students comfortable in practicing. Increase in understanding the concepts- MCQ answer result increase, Easy and conformable access and Learning SystemEasy and Fast Assessment with practice session, Improvement on learning the concepts, Interest and active participants.
13. FLIPPED CLASSROOM:Mobile enhanced language learning was implemented with a group of international students enrolled in a short term course. The apps “MICROSOFT TEAMS” & “ZOOM” are used by the teacher and it is shared with the students. The learning materials, exercises and evaluation sheets were shared and it enabled the students to learn anytime and anywhere. The flipped classroom technique was implemented and this facilitated learning in a variety of ways. The teacher was able to develop content, share and discuss it inside and outside classroom. The students also uploaded their oral presentations enabling the teacher to assess their pronunciation. Learners use devices across a range of real world contexts to access information needed at the moment (e.g., creating multimedia recordings of their learning wherever they may be at the moment)
14. ACTIVE DEPARTMENT YOUTUBE CHANNEL:RRCE EEE Dept.,
15. IMPLEMENTING FTV (FAST TRACK VIDEO):during before exam students seeing in last minute preparation can improve the overall pass percentage.
16. ANIMATION AND VIDEO PRSENTATION FOR LAB:Videos for lab experiments can improve the students can understand clearly and confident to do the experiment in final lab exam.
17. SIMULATION BASED TEACHING AND LEARNING:Some of the complex circuits and experiments are explained using simulation tool to analyze the output.
18. Also implementing Crossword puzzle/Unscramble the words/Quizzes, teaching by using models, brainstorming in the class room teaching.