The Department of Mechanical Engineering was started in the year 2006 with an intake of 60. The department has well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories with advanced software.
The department has 26 highly dedicated & qualified faculties with a good blend of experience from both Academics and Industry. Out of which 7 Professors with Doctoral Degrees in Mechanical Engineering and three professors having more than 20 years of experience, 8 Faculty pursuing PhDs and the remaining faculty have a minimum of M.Tech. / M.E qualification with good academic and research experience.
Within a span of 15 years, the department has reached ‘Center of Excellence in TOYOTA, ALTAIR HyperWorks, Center for Research on Automated Machining & Robotics and having an MOU with several industries, attaining good academic results, conducting several International webinars, National webinars, seminars, conferences, workshops, Industrial visits, FDPs, Industry – Institute Interactions at State & National levels. Currently, the Department offers Doctoral Degree by Research Program in addition to UG program affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) Belgaum, Karnataka”.
A total grant of Rs.24.65 Lakhs was received from the Central and State agencies like AICTE, KSCST, VTU, VGST, IEI, etc. Teaching faculty members have published 85+ Research Publications in reputed international journals. Also, obtained 02 Indian patents and 05 patents are awaiting the grant under the RajaRajeswari College of Engineering.
Department of mechanical Engineering is striving hard to provide quality education to meet the global requirement such that the graduates are competent enough to solve any complex engineering problem in the fields of production, design, thermal, CAD/CAM/ROBOTICS and to the rapidly changing technologies with moral ethical and social responsibility.
To be the best department at institution and university level in the state of Karnataka.
4 + years
Marks - General
Marks - SC / ST / OBC
Eligibility - Subjects
- Physics & Mathematics along with Chemistry/ Bio technology/ Biology
Eligibility - Exam
- A rank is must in Entrance Examinations like CET, KRLM, COMED –K, AIET, AIEEE Etc,.
Application Not Available! Please contact the office!
Accreditation, Approvals, and Recognition
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Approved Research Center
Mechanical Engineers experience interesting and active career opportunities. . . their application fields and job functions may change from time to time and they may assume managerial responsibilities as they gain maturity and experience. Many Mechanical Engineers also discover that their analytical background and creative problem solving abilities are the keys to success in other fields and this provides them with a valuable degree of mobility.
- Work Shop Practice
- Machine Shop
- Foundry & Forging
- Material Testing Lab Metrology & Measurements Lab
- Fluid Mechanic & Fluid Machines Lab
- Energy Conversion Engineering Lab
- Heat & Mass Transfer Lab
- Design Laboratory
- CAMD / CAM A/ CIM & Automation Lab
- CAED Lab
- Research & Development
Program Educational Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) support and are in consonance with the Mission of the Institution and the department. The attempt was to define PEOs as broad based, general statements that describe the career and professional accomplishments that the mechanical engineering program is preparing our graduates to achieve.
- PEO-1:Mechanical Graduates will have strong fundamental technical knowledge and are capable to develop core competency in diversified areas such as Production, Design, Thermal, Industrial and allied fields with the use of software tools to expand their knowledge horizon and inculcate lifelong learning.
- PEO-2:Graduates will have effective communication, leadership, team building, problem solving, decision making skills, software and creative skills by understanding contemporary issues there by contributing to their overall personality and career development.
- PEO-3:Graduates will practice ethical responsibilities and service towards their peers, employers, society and follow these percepts in their daily life.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s):
- Students acquire knowledge in basic science, technical and managerial skills that develop self-confidence for lifelong learning.
- Students acquire theoretical knowledge of advance engineering tools in Design, Thermal and Manufacturing Science that they are capable of applying it for solving real time problems.
Program Outcomes (POs):
POs describe what students will demonstrate to know or be able to do by the time of graduation from the program. Program Outcomes are established as per the process described in 2.1.3. The Program Outcomes of UG in Mechanical Engineering are as follows:
Graduates will have the ability to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of mathematics such as multi-variable calculus, Differential equations, science and engineering.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems.
- Model, analyze, design and realize physical systems, components or processes.
- Plan and conduct an experimental program and evaluate the results.
- Use modern engineering tools, software and equipment to analyze problems.
- Understand the global, societal context of engineering.
- Provide mechanical engineering solutions to green and sustainable development.
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Work with others to accomplish common goals.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Develop confidence for self education and ability for life-long learning.
- Complete a project with financial management skill.
Course @ Glance
- Mechanics of Materials
- Fluid Machinery
- Dynamics of Machinery
- Engineering Economy
- Operations Management
- Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Heat & Mass Transfer
- Power Plant Engineering
News & Events
Department of Mechanical Engineering, RajaRajeswari College of Engineering, and RajaRajeswari Institution Innovation Council (RRIIC), Bengaluru jointly organized Prototype Exhibition on Tuesday, 21st September 2021.
Mechanical Engineering organizing Webinar on The Current Industry Scenario - Scope in Japan for Jobs and Higher Studies on 08-07-2021
Department of Mechanical Engineering organizing Webinar on The Current Industry Scenario - Scope in Japan for Jobs and Higher Studies on 12-06-2021
Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd. established the Centre of Excellence for better exposure in the field of Automobiles to the students.
Dept of Mechanical Engineering organizing Webinar on Industrial Automation on 22-05-2021