Department of electronics & communication has started in the year 2006-07 with a sanctioned intake of 60 students. The department has focused on academics in the first four years. In the year 2013-14 sanctioned intake is increased to 120 from 60 students. The department of Electronics and communication Engineering started M. Tech Programs in “Digital Electronics & Communication” and “Communication Systems”, in the year 2011 and 2014 with intake of 18. The programs are approved by AICTE, State Government and affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Karnataka.
The Department of Electronics and Communication has been functioning with efficient leadership since 2006.The Department offers UG, PG and Ph.D. Programs under VTU. The program is accredited by NBA. The objective of the Department is to develop professionals having good skills, self-learning ability and confidence to support and contribute to the growth of relevant industries. The students have strong base in basic science, mathematics and inter disciplinary engineering subjects. The students are also exposed to important subjects and advances that are being made in this rapidly changing field and provided opportunities to gain vital practical experience. Project based learning is been given much weightage. Theoretical Knowledge is supplemented with ability to analyze, design and provide technical solutions that have real life value
There are a total of 26 faculty members. Many of them have more than 10 years of experience. There are faculty members with good amount of industry experience. The department is geared up to conduct international conference in technical association with Springer & a national level conference. The Number of workshops, Industrial visits FDPs, Seminars and Conferences conducted in the campus are increasing every year.. We are also collaborating with industries such as Karnataka Hybrid Micro Devices, P-Thinks & Win global Tech, Bangalore. Our student projects are proposed for VGST/ KSCST Project funding. Our students have excelled sports such as Karate in National/International level/Asian continent level of championships and in technology development in terms of Mobile applications. All the activities are held through professional societies like ISTE, IETE or departmental club.
ABOUT ECE R&D CENTRE
ECE Department has Centre of Excellence in Wireless Sensor Networks and Product Design. ECE Research Centre approved by VTU in the year 2016. About 11 faculty of ECE are pursuing research in this direction. We have 8 part time students registered in our Centre. The Department has three registered guides and a total of 17 students registered under them. Thirteen of our faculty have registered and pursing Ph.D. under other universities. The faculty have 55 publications in international journals,2 in National journals, 54 in international conference and 77 in National conferences. Many of the students have published paper in National conferences. There may be innovative projects done at low cost. There are products developed and ready to use and patent. Two international conference, one national conference and FDPs to support research. Many proposals to DST, VGST, DRDO and others have been admitted.
Students are encouraged to do innovative and product based projects related to advance technologies and encouraged to publish papers in the International & National conference and journals. We have adopted integrated teaching-learning practices. Workshops, symposiums & Technical Seminars are organized on regular basis. Our students have received best paper awards in the conferences. Students are counseled according to the industry & academics requirement, encouraged to have hands on exposure. Students are given guidance for higher studies and soft skill training for placements I good companies.
Sanctioned intake of the department 120
UG program– B.E degree in Electronics and Communication
PG programmes-Sanctioned intake of 18
1. Digital Electronics and communications
2. M.Tech in communication systems
To emerge as a centre of excellence in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering, the graduates able to produce innovative solutions to the needs of the society, cognizant to the universal moral values, and adherent to the professional ethics.
Our aim is to provide a program of high quality to produce creative technocrats and also establish an excellent R & D Centre to pursue research in the frontier areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
4+ years (UG), 2+ years (PG)
Marks - General
Marks - SC / ST / OBC
Eligibility - Subjects
- Physics & Mathematics along with Chemistry/ Bio technology/ Biology(UG)
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering (PG)
Eligibility - Exam
- A rank is must in Entrance Examinations like CET, KRLM, COMED –K, AIET, AIEEE Etc.
- A rank is must in Entrance Examinations like PGCET or GATE. GATE qualified candidates are eligible for scholarship through AICTE. Few seats are also available for sponsored quota and Management quota
Application Not Available! Please contact the office!
Accreditation, Approvals, and Recognition
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Approved Research Center
This program is aimed to providing in depth knowledge to students with a wide variety of opportunities, both in the Industry as well as in the R & D fields. The curriculum is designed to make the students excel in areas of, Modern DSP, Antenna Theory and Design, Error control, Optical communication Networks, Microwave and Antenna designs.
- ANALOG ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS LAB
- LOGIC DESIGN LAB
- DSP, MICROCONTROLLER LAB & MICROPROCESSOR LAB
- ANALOG COMMUNICATION LAB & ADAVANCE COMMUNICATION LAB
- VLSI LAB & HDL LAB
- POWER ELECTRONICS LAB
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- The graduate of the Electronics and Communication Program will have successful technical and professional careers and will be capable to pursue higher education.
- The graduate will possess good mathematical, scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyze, design, and provide technical solutions for the real-life problems.
- The graduate will exercise excellent leadership qualities to address issues in a responsive, ethical, and innovative manner with continuous learning attitude.
At the end of the programme a student of ECE will be able to:
- PO1. Acquire knowledge on fundamentals of Electronics & Communication Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics and Computational aspects.
- PO2. Identify formulate and solve complex Electronics & Communication Engineering problems by choosing and applying appropriate analysis and modeling methods.
- PO3. Design and conduct hardware, software, simulation component or process to meet desired needs with realistic constraints including health, safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- PO4. Carry out research, experiments, team projects and publish the outcomes in various symposia, conferences and journals.
- PO5. Use advanced tools like Matlab, Cadence, Xilinx, Masm, C & Embedded C, Kiel, CCS V3, V4 to solve complex electronics and interdisciplinary problems.
- PO6. Demonstrate the understanding of impact of engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues.
- PO7. Evaluate the impact of engineering solutions in diverse engineering fields such as health, environment and safety in global and societal contexts.
- PO8. Demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities while presenting sustainable solutions.
- PO9. Work effectively as an individual and as a leader in interdisciplinary environments.
- PO10. Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- PO11. Apply managerial principles to his/her own work including financial implications and to manage project in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12. Participate and succeed in competitive examinations, develop confidence for self education and ability for life-long learning.
- PO13. Environmental scan through documents of planning commission and the Professional’s society like IEEE, IETE, IAMR, AICTE, FICCI.
The graduates of the department will attain:
- PSO1: The ability to understand and apply principles of Electronics and Communication Engineering in the analysis, design and development of various types of integrated electronic systems as well as to interpret and synthesize the experimental data leading to valid conclusions.
- PSO2: To solve real time problems with creative ideas, enabling the students to have successful career in industry and also motivate for higher education to promote research and development activities.
Course @ Glance
- Analog Electronics Fundamentals
- Analog Fundamentals
- Digital System Design
- Micro Waves and Radar
- Power Electronics
- Digital Communication
- VLSI Design
- Signals and Systems
- DSP Software
- Data Communication Systems
- Optical & Wireless Communication
News & Events
Dept of ECE organizing Prototype Project Exhibition on 23rd July 2022
RRCE organizing International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Management and Technology (Icetemt-2022) on 21st & 22nd June 2022
Dept of ECE organizing Symposium - ELCOM-X on 14-06-2022
Dept of ECE organizing Expert Talk - Synthesis Of Foundation Creativity on 16th May 2022
Dept of ECE organizing FDP on Applications of AI in Wireless Communication and Sensor Networks on 4th to 14th May 2022
FDP, Seminars & Conference