Dept. of CSE was established in 2006 with an intake of 60. It has been raised to 120. CSE department is rich enough to organize and encourage Students, teaching & non-teaching staffs by conducting various events like workshops, Technical seminars, expert lectures, FDPs, industry visits and etc. Postgraduate for CSE was established in 2013 with a an intake of 18,which is affiliated to VTU and approved by All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE). The M.Tech programme in Computer Science and Engineering imparts a breadth of advanced knowledge in various areas of computer science. The programme is designed such that a student can complete it based on advanced coursework alone. However, the students are given the option to concentrate on a problem by substituting some of the courses with equivalent project work. Postgraduate for CNE was established in 2014 with an intake of 18, which is affiliated to VTU and approved by All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE). CSE is also having well established Center Of excellence (CoE) in the field of IoT. Currently there is a prolonged growing market for professionals possessing a clear overview of current information and communication networks capabilities, standards and trends, along with a firm grasp of specifics in areas ranging from data network protocols to network security issues.
Today computer industry needs adaptable people who are equally at home presenting business solutions to senior management as finding the fault in a piece of code. This course is ideal for those who see their initial career in a wide-ranging role. Work should include IT consultancy, IT support, analyst, programmer, hardware engineer, network and system administrator etc.
The Department of CSE will create high quality professionals in Computer Science & Engineering and to foster leading edge research and to equip students to succeed and contribute to industry and society.
To emerge as a leading Department in the field of Computer Science & Engineering in the state of Karnataka 2018.
Computer Science and Engineering
4+ years (UG), 2+ years (PG)
Marks - General
45% in Aggregate
Marks - SC / ST / OBC
40% in Aggregate
Eligibility - Subjects
- Physics & Mathematics along with Chemistry/ Bio technology/ Biology(UG)
- B.E. in Computer Science or Information Science (PG)
Eligibility - Exam
- A rank is must in Entrance Examinations like CET, KRLM, COMED –K, AIET, AIEEE Etc.
- A rank is must in PGCET etc.
Application Not Available! Please contact the office!
Accreditation, Approvals, and Recognition
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Approved Research Center
Computer Science and engineering graduates are the pillars in the current and emerging information era. Opportunities include pursuing Master of Science programs in reputed Universities of U.S. and taking up research assignments in Hardware, System Software, Computer Engineering, Multimedia, and Net Working and Communications areas. The career opportunities for computer science graduates can be classified into seven categories: programming and software development, information systems operation and management, telecommunications and networking, computer science research, web and Internet, graphics and multimedia, training and support, and computer industry specialists. Some careers require additional formal training or study, and experience working in the field. For example, an MBA degree is helpful to management consultants, a course work in biology and biochemistry is needed for bioinformatics specialists, and an advanced degree in computer science is usually required for data miners.
InfrastructureThe Department has fully fledged laboratories with latest softwares and systems which supports the curriculum. To enable computer science and engineering students with best faculties to set an in depth practical understanding of their engineering the projects labs are designed. We have well equipped seminar halls, classrooms, departmental library and research center.
- DBMS / COMPUTER GRAPHICS LAB
- SS & CD /USP LAB
- R & D/DS LAB/ST LAB
- COMPUTER NETWORKS/ DAA LAB
- WEB PROGRAMMING / PROJECT LAB
- C/FS LAB
- LOGIC DESIGN /EC/ MICRO PROCESSOR LAB
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- Graduates of the program will possess strong educational foundation in mathematics, science and computer science & engineering necessary for pursuing career and/ or higher studies in computing as well as other allied professions.
- Graduates with an interest in, and aptitude for lifelong learning will be engaged in learning, understanding, and applying new ideas and technologies as the field evolves to solve engineering problems, design appropriate computing systems that are technically sound economically viable and socially acceptable and be responsible engineering and computing professionals.
- Graduates will be informed leaders, effective communicators who work efficiently with diverse teams, promote and practice appropriate ethical moral and codes.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science, with fundamentals of Computer Science & Engineering to be able to solve complex engineering problems related to CSE.
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer Science theory in the modelling and design of computer based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of tradeoffs involved in design choices.
- Analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- Design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a software or a software/hardware system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as memory, runtime efficiency, as well as appropriate constraints related to economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability considerations;
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for practice as a CSE professional;
- Work effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary issues and understand professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities;
- Analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society;
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles including financial implications and apply these to his/her work, as a member and leader in a team, and to manage project work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms
- Recognize the need for, and be motivated to engage in life-long learning and continuing professional development.
Course @ Glance
- Programming with Unix and C
- Digital Systems Design
- Data Structure with C
- Software Engineering
- System Programming
- Data Base Management Systems
- Computer Networks
- Artificial Intelligence
- Automata Theory
- Computer Graphics
- Internet Programming and Java
News & Events
Dept of CSE is organizing a talk on Career Guidance on 28-02-2017 by TIMES.
CSE Organizing Students Personal College on Cloud on 21-02-2017
CSE Organizing Project Development Process on 20-02-2017
CSE Organizing Industrial Visit to ISRO Satellite Centre on 09-02-2017
CSE conducting FDP on Internet of Things (IoT) on 30th Jan - 3rd Feb 2017
FDP, Seminars & Conference