Webinar on Research & Innovation in Construction Bio-Technology – 2023
Department of Civil Engineering and RajaRajeswari Institution Innovation Council (RRIIC), Bengaluru have jointly organized a “Webinar on Research & Innovation in Construction Bio-Technology” for the 3rd year & 4th Year B.E. Civil Engineering students of RRCE on 9th November 2023 between 9.30 A.M. and 11.30 A.M..
Webinar was presided over by Dr R Balakrishna, Principal and Dr.J.Amutharaj, President of RRIIC and Vice-Principal, HOD of Information Science and Engineering, RRCE, Bengaluru.
This webinar is coordinated by Dr.K.Aravinthan, Professor and Head, and faculty members of Civil Engineering department in association with the office bearers of RajaRajeswari Institution Innovation Council (RRIIC).
Dr. C. Arun, M.Tech., Ph.D
Department of Bio-Technology,
Venue : Sir Visvesvaraya Seminar Hall, 6th floor
Number of participants attended the Webinar : 30 students & 4 faculty members
Objective of the Webinar :
- To create awareness on bio-concrete or bacterial concrete and it’s uses.
- Recent innovation in bacterial concrete.
- Highlights on Research conducted in construction biotechnology.
Outcome of the Workshop:
- Students learnt to apply bio-concrete or bacterial concrete in their projects.
- Students learnt recent innovation in bacterial concrete.
- Students gathered knowledge to apply construction bio-technology in Civil engineering field
and its advantages like low cost and increased strength of bio-concrete for a longer period.
Dr.K.Aravinthan, Professor & Head- Civil Engg.,
Prof. Malarvizhi M.C., Asst.Prof., Ciivil Engg.,
Prof. G K Kamalakkara, Asst. Professor, Civil Engg.,
Prof.. M.P.M. Kavya, Asst. Professor, Civil Engg.,
RRIIC Office Bearers:
Dr. R. Balakrishna, Principal
Dr.J.Amutharaj, Vice Principal and President – RRIIC
Dr.S.Usha, Dean – Research & HoD – CSE
Dr. N. Thangadurai, Dean – Innovation and Funding Projects
Dr.C.Ramesh, Convener – RRIIC and HoD – Mech. Engineering
View Event Report