Two Day Workshop on Entrepreneurship Skill Development Programme on Structural Engineering – 2023
Department of Civil Engineering and RajaRajeswari Institution Innovation Council (RRIIC), Bengaluru have jointly organized a Two Day workshop on “Entrepreneurship Development Programme on Structural Engineering” for the 3rd year & 4th Year B.E. Civil Engineering students of RRCE on 17th November 2023 and 18th November 2023.
The ENTREPRENEURSHIP SKILL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP was inaugurated by Dr.J.Amutharaj, President of RRIIC and Vice-Principal, HOD of Information Science and Engineering, RRCE, Bengaluru. This event is coordinated by Dr.K.Aravinthan, Professor and Head, and faculty members of Civil Engineering department in association with the office bearers of RajaRajeswari Institution Innovation Council (RRIIC).
Er. Syed Faizudeen,
Proprietor & Principal Engineer,
Venue : Sir Visvesvaraya Seminar Hall, 6th floor & CAD Lab of Civil Dept.
Objective of the Workshop:
- To provide the basic structural software knowledge to the Civil Engineering students.
- To give a hands on experience to enhance their skills and exposure in structural softwares.
- To share the entrepreneurship experience to motivate civil engineering students to choose Entrepreneurship in Construction industry as career.
Outcome of the Workshop :
Topics covered in Day 1 : 17th November 2023, 9.00 A.M. to 4.00 P.M.
- Basic structural software knowledge to the students.
- Hands on experience & exposure to enhance the Structural Software skills of Civil Engineering students.
- Experience sharing session on Entrepreneurial skills needed for a Civil Engineer & Structural engineer to choose entrepreneurship as career choice in the construction industry.
Topics covered in Day 2 : 18th November 2023 Time : 9.00 A.M. to 4.00 P.M.
- Students are trained to create and develop plan as per the requirements of the industry.
- Taught on guidelines for structural design and detailed information given to the students.
- Students had hands on experience in structural engineering softwares.
- Group discussion is being done to clarify the doubts, followed by Questions and Answer session.
Organizing Committee :
- Dr.K.Aravinthan, Professor & Head- Civil Engg.,
- Prof. Malarvizhi M.C., Asst.Prof., Ciivil Engg.,
- Prof. G K Kamalakkara, Asst. Professor, Civil Engg.,
- Prof.. M.P.M. Kavya, Asst. Professor, Civil Engg.,
- RRIIC Office Bearers:
- Dr. R. Balakrishna, Principal
- Dr.J.Amutharaj, Vice Principal and President – RRIIC
- Dr.S.Usha, Dean – Research & HoD – CSE
- Dr. N. Thangadurai, Dean – Innovation and Funding Projects
- Dr.C.Ramesh, Convener – RRIIC and HoD – Mech. Engineering