Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights with Focus on Copyright & Patents
Resource Person : Mr. Ankur Sehgal, Patent Attorney, Khurana & Khurana Advocates & IP Attorneys, Bengaluru.
Date : 19th July 2019
Venue : Dr. Satyendranath Bose seminar Hall, RRCE, Bengaluru
Objective of the seminar is to create awareness about IPRs, especially patents and copy rights among faculty members of RRCE, to guide researchers/inventors in respect of patenting their inventions & to provide insight into practical applications of IP such as patent drafting, patentability search and freedom to operate search, validity/invalidity search, and evidence of use analysis.
No. of Faculty members Enrolled : 60
Target Participants : Faculty members of RRCE
Outcome of the Program :
The participants gained knowledge on
- IPR Overview: What is Importance of IPR Intellectual Property,
- Types of IPR and their Importance ,Focus and mandate of each IPR
- Patents :What are Patents, patent for technical invention , process of patent protection, parts of a patent application, aspects relating to relating conducting patent searcher ,preparing patent applications, Infringement analysis and Enforcement of patents with Case Laws.
- Trademark and Copyrights: What are Trademark and Copyrights, how they are protected for brands, logos. Things to take care of during Transfer of Rights, Process of Protection in India and international level ,Exemplary Case Laws and Case Studies during Enforcement.
- Requirements: Technical invention description and drawing
- IP Commercialization: Modes of Licensing, IP valuation, Drafting and Employment Agreements, Preventive Measure for Beach of code of Agreement by Employees, IP Commercialization