IEEE Sponsored FDP on Effective e-Resources Retrieval strategies for efficient Research
Resource Person : Mr. M.S. Srinivasa, Training Manager – ( K &T -IEEE Training Partner), EBSCO Information Services India Pvt Ltd
Date : 30th January 2019
Time : 9:30am
The program was commenced with the thoughts of almighty of GOD. Dr. R. Balakrishna,Principal RRCE (Chairman of the Program) welcomed the Guest Mr. . M.S.Srinivasa, Training Manager- KA &TL, (IEEE Training Partner), EBSCO Information Services India Pvt Ltd with bouquet of flowers. Dr. M. Arunachalam, Prof. & HoD of EEE (Student Branch Counselor) welcomed the gathering and mentioned the importance of being a IEEE member and encouraged the students. Dr. R. Balakrishna, Principal of RRCE addressed the gathering and gave the importance of reference of IEEE journals/ publications to the students. The presence of Dr. T. R.Gopalakrishnan Nair, Rector, RRGI graced throughout the function. Prof. Sincy Elezebeth Kuruvilla, Asst. Prof. Dept. of EEE (Student Branch Chair) presented the brief bio-data of the Guest Mr. M.S.Srinivasa.
In IEEE FDP program, the overview of IEEE Xplore digital library upgraded version was the central theme. Research oriented search strategies was discussed with participants.
Following points was the focus of session:
- Introduction about IEEE Xplore upgraded version
- Finding relevant information for literature/systematic review
- Personalization features to save users time
- Basic and advanced search strategy to easily access the required content
- Using various tools to work with results
- Finding the popular and latest information for their scholarly work
- Introduction of author digital tool box for aspiring researchers
- Publication recommender for new authorsv
- Code Ocean, Math ML code, Images usage, Contextual descriptions
- Author profile viewing in new Beta, account creation
The session was very interactive. The expert was felicitated with memento by Management of Rajarajeswari College of Engg., Bengaluru. The program was concluded with the Vote of Thanks by Prof. Bharathi V , Asst. Prof. Dept .of EEE (IEEE Student Member). She thanked the dignitaries for gracing the occasion with their valuable presence. She extended her gratitude to Honorable management for their co-operation, all HoDs, Office Bearers of RRCE- Student Branch of the IEEE and all faculty and students.