Dept of Civil Visit to RRMCH
Report of visit to RajaRajeswari Medical College and Hospital (RRMCH), Bengaluru on Friday, 06th January 2023 with respect to the subject 21SCR36 SOCIAL CONNECT & RESPONSIBILITIES of 3rd-semester students of Civil Engineering
The following faculty members are arranged, coordinating, and accompanying the students
1. Dr.M.Karthikeyan, HOD-R&A
2. Dr. Ashwini.L.K, AP-Civil
1. Sewage treatment plants at the commercial buildings, Hospital buildings and Residential building was presented through power point by the Resource Person Dr.D C Sharma, Professor, RRGI.
2. The various parameters to be considered in the design of biogas plant such as food waste, sludge formation, disposal sludge, separation ifof food waste and feeding at the inlet point, quantity of waste to be fed at the inlet was discussed at the site in detail.
3. Capacity of the biogas plant, maxiumum quantity of the food waste to be fed on, operation of biogas plant, working principal of the plant, technical staff necessity to handle the plant, Pros and cons of biogas plant handling, distribution of the gas generated to Mess for the purpose of cooking food and its storage information was delivered at the site
4. Visited to two numbers of Sewage treatment plant with capacity of 350KLD and 550KLD with domestic waste water from Hostels & appartments and Rajarajeswari Hospital waste water.
5. Exposure to burning of sludge and medical wastes was provided in detail.