National Science Day
National Science Day is celebrated in RajaRajeswari College of Engineering with great enthusiasm on 28th of February 2017 in order to commemorate the invention of the Raman Effect in India by the Indian physicist, Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman on the same day in the year 1928. The theme of the year 2017 is “Science and Technology for specially abled persons”. The ultimate aim of celebrating the day is to provide awareness of Science among the engineering students. The following experts delivered excellent talks on different areas of science and the theme.
1. Dr. P H RAMANJINI GOWDA, Professor and Coordinator Department of Plant Biotechnology, University of Agricultural Sciences, G.K.V.K., Bangalore, INDIA on DISCOVERY, INVENTION AND INNOVATION.
2. Dr. P R VIJAYASARATHY, Professor, DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY, ADARSHA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BANGALORE, INDIA on EXPLOSIVES AND PROPELLANTS.
3. Dr. TR GOPALAKRISHNAN NAIR, Rector, RRGI on SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY FOR SPECIALLY ABLED PERSONS.
The Programme was conducted in Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Conference Hall, RRCE, and more than 600 students and faculty members attended the function. Competitions such as Debate, essay writing, collecting best research articles and paintings, and few cultural events were also conducted for students on the occasion.
The winners of various events (list enclosed) will be honored with prizes and certificates on the college day. Few photos taken during the national science day celebration is also enclosed.
- Inauguration of 1st Year BE Classes for Academic year 2017-18
- Technical Aptitude Training Program
- Awareness on Higher Education
- CSI Technical Events
- Guest Lecture through ISTE
- SDP on Networking
- Trigger 2K17 National Level Technical Symposium
- Technical Seminar on MATLAB
- Workshop on Android
- Technical Seminar on SAN