International Yoga Day
As per the directions from the Ministry of Education and AICTE, International Yoga Day was celebrated on 21st June 2021 and is being conducted since its inception from 2015. The function started at 12.30 pm in the CTDS hall, Ground floor, RRCE, Bengaluru. More than 147+ students and faculties participated in the Yoga day. The participants list is enclosed. The yoga was conducted through online and offline mode simultaneously.
Resource Person Profile: International Yoga Champion and esteemed alumni Smt. Sameeksha was invited as Resource person / Trainer through online for this function. She being International Yoga Champion along with her students demonstrated yogasana and pranayama to the staff and students online. She being an esteemed alumni of our college, studied B.E in Mechanical Engineering (2010-2014). List of her achievements are mentioned below:
• Won Gold in National Yoga Competition at Kanchipuram, Tamilnadu in 2008.
• Won First prize at Dasara International Yoga Championship in 2009.
• First prize at International Yoga Competition at Mysore, Karnataka in 2010.
• Awarded the ‘Yoga Sadhaki’ award from Karnataka South Zone Association in 2010.
• Conferred with ‘Bharatha Yoga Nidhi’ award by Vishwa Prakruti Yoga Kendra.
• Won ‘Yoga Sadhaka’ award from SJS International Yoga College.
• Awarded the ‘VishwaManava Sri’ by VishwaManavaVedike.
• Won Silver and Bronze medals at 7th International Yoga Fair held in Malaysia in 2018.
• Won Bronze and Gold medals in Rhythmic Pair Yoga and Athletic Yoga respectively at the 4th World Yoga Championship in Bankya, Bulgaria in June 2019.
Dr. T. Chandrashekar, Principal, Dr. R. Balakrishna, Dean and Dr. Usha S, R&D Dean, Prof. Thanuj Kumar M, Cultural head, Prof. Radhakrishna R K, Sports head and Mr Rakhal P, Physical Education Director inaugurated the function offline maintaining SOP by lighting the Lamp.
Prof. Radhakrishna R K hosted the function and welcomed the guests and audiences. Dr. T. Chandrashekar, Principal briefed about the importance of yoga for peace and harmony in day to day life.
Many Participants learnt pranayama, yoga asans and yoga exercises tp make their immune system strong and fight against Corona and other diseases. Function ended with vote of thanks by Prof. Thanuj Kumar M. and Prof. Radhakrishna R.K.