The department of Electronics and communication Engineering started M. Tech Programs in “Digital Electronics & Communication” and “Communication Systems”, in the year 2011 and 2014 with intake of 18. The programs are approved by AICTE, State Government and affiliated to Visveswaraya Technological University, Karnataka.
PG programme curriculum aims 1st & 2nd Semester theoretical knowledge as per industry and research oriented. Students should undertake in 3rd Semester an Internship to get exposure of practical concepts knowledge, trained according to industry need and to explore in the competitive world. In 4th Semester theory subjects and Project work is carried out for partial fulfillment of the requirement for the award of Master of Technology degree.
Students will get R & D Centre exposure for project related with advance technologies and encouraged to participate in the International & National conference and journals publications, Workshops & Technical Seminars. Our students received best paper awards in the conferences. Students are given counseling according to the industry requirement & academics, encouraged to have hands on exposure in the laboratories. Given guidance for certification programmes and training the students for placement opportunities.
Our aim is to provide a program of high quality to produce creative technocrats and also establish an excellent R & D Centre to pursue research in the frontier areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
To emerge as a centre of excellence in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering, the graduates able to produce innovative solutions to the needs of the society, cognizant to the universal moral values, and adherent to the professional ethics.
M Tech – Digital Electronic Communication Engineering
Marks - General
Marks - SC / ST / OBC
Eligibility - Subjects
- Marks - BE
- 50% Aggregate
- Marks - SC / ST / OBC
- 45% Aggregate
Eligibility - Exam
A rank is must in Entrance Examinations like PGCET or GATE. GATE qualified candidates are eligible for scholarship through AICTE. Few seats are also available for sponsored quota and Management quota.
Application Not Available! Please contact the office!
A+ Accreditation, Approvals, and Recognition
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Approved Research Center
This program is aimed to providing in depth knowledge to students with a wide variety of opportunities, both in the Industry as well as in the R & D fields. The curriculum is designed to make the students excel in areas of, Modern DSP, Antenna Theory and Design, Error control, Optical communication Networks, Microwave and Antenna designs.
Companies like Alcatel-Lucent, IBM, HP, GLOBAL SOLUTIONS etc.
Apart from theoretical inputs students are required to work in the laboratory to get hands on experience in various design and simulation tools.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- The graduate of the Electronics and Communication Program will have successful technical and professional careers and will be capable to pursue higher education.
- The graduate will possess good mathematical, scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyze, design, and provide technical solutions for the real-life problems.
- The graduate will exercise excellent leadership qualities to address issues in a responsive, ethical, and innovative manner with continuous learning attitude.
At the end of the programme a student of ECE will be able to:
- PO1. Acquire knowledge on fundamentals of Electronics & Communication Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics and Computational aspects.
- PO2. Identify formulate and solve complex Electronics & Communication Engineering problems by choosing and applying appropriate analysis and modeling methods.
- PO3. Design and conduct hardware, software, simulation component or process to meet desired needs with realistic constraints including health, safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- PO4. Carry out research, experiments, team projects and publish the outcomes in various symposia, conferences and journals.
- PO5. Use advanced tools like Matlab, Cadence, Xilinx, Masm, C & Embedded C, Kiel, CCS V3, V4 to solve complex electronics and interdisciplinary problems.
- PO6. Demonstrate the understanding of impact of engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues.
- PO7. Evaluate the impact of engineering solutions in diverse engineering fields such as health, environment and safety in global and societal contexts.
- PO8. Demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities while presenting sustainable solutions.
- PO9. Work effectively as an individual and as a leader in interdisciplinary environments.
- PO10. Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- PO11. Apply managerial principles to his/her own work including financial implications and to manage project in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12. Participate and succeed in competitive examinations, develop confidence for self education and ability for life-long learning.
- PO13. Environmental scan through documents of planning commission and the Professional’s society like IEEE, IETE, IAMR, AICTE, FICCI.
The graduates of the department will attain:
- PSO1: The ability to understand and apply principles of Electronics and Communication Engineering in the analysis, design and development of various types of integrated electronic systems as well as to interpret and synthesize the experimental data leading to valid conclusions.
- PSO2: To solve real time problems with creative ideas, enabling the students to have successful career in industry and also motivate for higher education to promote research and development activities.
Course @ Glance
News & Events
M-Tech students of both CSE and CNE branch for the academic year 2015-16 are welcomed
Computer Science & Engineering calender of events from feb-15 to may-15