Industrial Visit to BWSSB
Resource Person : Mrs.BABITHA M Asst.prof, Department of Civil, RRCE
Date : 11th April 2018
Time : 10.45 am to 2.45 pm
Venue : BWSSB 550 MLD Water Purification Plant at TK Halli, Malavalli Taluk, Mandya
Target Participants : UG students (6th semester)
Outcome of the Program :
While addressing the students, the plant in-charge briefed the students on plant’s history and highlighted that it is Asia’s biggest water purification plant with 5 stages of purification and pumping along with conventional and latest technology as its unique and exclusive mode. It is spread across 25 acres with just 52 employees to handle the entire plant.
During the visit, students learnt:
- To identify the level of impurities in water
- About formation of layout of the plant
- To identify the level of Chlorine (CL2) in the portable water
- About technology adoption (Pulsification and DAF ) for better water treatment
- About the role of private player in government projects
The visit provided an opportunity to students to get an exposure of industry situations and practical experience which facilitated them to enhance their skills and industry understanding. Overall, the visit was very fruitful.