Faculty Development Programme on TQM
Resource Person :
Prof. Dr. Narahari
Professor,Dept. of IEM
Dean,AMC Engineering College
Prof. Dr.D.P Girish
Dept. Of Mechanical
Govt College of Engg,Ramnagara.
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
B.M.S.College of engineering,
Date : 29/01/2018 to 31/01/2018
Venue : Seminar Hall/ Mech, RRCE Campus, Bengaluru.
FDP Objective :
- Define the concepts of Total quality management
- Ensure the awareness culture of total quality management
- Understand various approaches to TQM
- Understand the characteristics of quality leader and his role.
- Enhance the knowledge in Tools and Techniques of quality management
Number of Participants: 30
The participants in overall enhanced their pedagogy skills in the subject, Total Quality Management.
- By way of knowing the significance of the various definitions, concepts, principle, benefits and Quality Gurus of TQM
- Understanding the clarity of various approaches in case of implementing TQM in industries
- Interactions have been done over the Quality Management Systems such as benefits of ISO registration, ISO 9000 series standards and ISO9001 requirements.
- Detailed study has been experienced on the role of TQM leader, Characteristics of quality leaders, leadership concepts, ethics, etc.
- Discussion has been covered on customer perception of quality, customer complaints, customer retention and case studies
- Understanding the various tools used for statistical process control such as Pareto diagram, Flow diagram, cause and effect diagram, check list sheet, various control charts, etc
- Detailed study has been carried out on Bench marketing, QFD, Quality by Design, TDM.FMEA