The Department was started in the year 2008 with an intake of 60. The course has become popular among students due to the achievements and rigor. The department has well equipped classrooms and computer laboratories with high-end systems.
The Information Science program, prepares the student to design and manage computerized data processing and decision support. The program is technically oriented emphasizing the design and implementation aspects of large scale information systems as well as the more traditional, managerial and organizational issues. It also balances development of systems engineering skills with learning to deliver reliable systems on time and within a specified budget.
Developing Center of excellence to offering broad need based curricula, innovative teaching and research in the field of Information Science and Engineering and to produce competitive, self disciplined Information Technology.
To Emerging as a leading department in the field of Information Science and Engineering, in the state of Karnataka by providing Quality education 2018.
Information Science and Engineering
4 + years
Marks - General
Marks - SC / ST / OBC
Eligibility - Subjects
- Physics & Mathematics along with Chemistry/ Bio technology/ Biology
Eligibility - Exam
- A rank is must in Entrance Examinations like CET, KRLM, COMED –K, AIET, AIEEE Etc,.
Application Not Available! Please contact the office!
Accreditation, Approvals, and Recognition
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Approved Research Center
The latest designed Information Science course leads the students to newer environment including Internet applications and design, besides the traditional opportunities in computer career. They have greater opportunities in software development because of their excellent knowledge in Internet Science. In the future, IT industry will purely depend on information technologist.
- 40 Research papers were published in International and National journals & Conferences/ Seminars proceedings by the faculty.
- Series of seminars, workshop and FDP’s conducted.
- Students attended many management fest and won prizes.
- Students presented papers at National level conference.
- RAJES V sem ISE Presneted a paper on “ DATA MINGING TOOLS”, Secured FIRST position in National Level Technical Paper Presentation Competition, at SJCE Mysore on 23 OCTOBER 2010.
- Series of Industrial visits were organized.
- DBMS / COMPUTER GRAPHICS LAB
- SS & CD /USP LAB
- R & D/DS LAB/ST LAB
- COMPUTER NETWORKS/ DAA LAB
- WEB PROGRAMMING / PROJECT LAB
- C/FS LAB
- LOGIC DESIGN /EC/ MICRO PROCESSOR LAB
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates of ISE program upliftment of student’s through technical educate. The technocrats are to apply basic and contemporary science, engineering experimental skills to identifying problems in the industry and academia.
- The graduates of ISE program should be establish themselves as practicing professionals in ISE or sustain lifelong learning in the field of IT.
- The graduates of ISE program should be to establish an understanding of professionalism, ethics, public policy and aesthetics that allows them to become good professional engineer.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science, with fundamentals of Computer Science to be able to solve complex engineering problems related to Information Science and Engineering.
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer Science theory in the modelling and design of computer based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of tradeoffs involved in design choices.
- Analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a software or a software/hardware system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as memory, runtime efficiency, as well as appropriate constraints related to economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability considerations.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for practice as a ISE professional.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Demonstrate understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- Analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Undertake leadership role as financially and management, individual responsibilities and to work as part of a multidisciplinary teams.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Recognize the need for, and be motivated to engage in life-long learning and continuing professional development.
Course @ Glance
- Computer Concepts & ‘C’ Prog.
- Object Oriented Programming
- Data Structures with ‘C’
- Database management systems
- Computer networks
- Logic Design
- Network programming
- Information Systems
- Software Engineering
- Introduction to UNIX
- Data Communications
News & Events
Dept of Information Science and Engineering organizing Students Project Exhibition on 22nd May 2017
Dept. of ISE Organizing Industrial Visit to Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS), Bangalore on 18th May 2017.
Dept. of ISE Organizing Industrial Visit to ISRO SATELLITE CENTRE, Bangalore on 5th May 2017.
ISE Organizing Technical Talk - Heterogeneous Computing on 01-04-2017
ISE Organizing Technical Seminar - Improving Placement Skills on 28-03-2017