Department of CIVIL was established in 2009 with an intake of 60. Department has well qualified faculty to handle the specialized subjects and laboratories. All laboratories are well equipped and maintained as per the VTU curriculum.
Civil engineering is the oldest engineering discipline after military engineering, and it was defined to distinguish non-military engineering from military engineering. It is traditionally broken into several sub-disciplines including environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, transportation engineering, municipal or urban engineering, water resources engineering, materials engineering, coastal engineering, surveying, and construction engineering.
To excel in undergraduate instruction in all areas of Civil Engineering with excellent professionalism, sound and technical knowledge and in service to the public to meet technological demands economically and ethically.
- To attain quantifiable excellence in providing technical education
- To motivate incumbents research oriented
- To provide adequate practical knowledge with good field training
- To motivate the students for ethical practices in Civil Engineering
Marks - General
Marks - SC / ST / OBC
Eligibility - Subjects
- Physics & Mathematics along with Chemistry/ Bio technology/ Biology
Eligibility - Exam
- A rank is must in Entrance Examinations like CET, KRLM, COMED –K, AIET, AIEEE Etc,.
Application Not Available! Please contact the office!
Accreditation, Approvals, and Recognition
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Approved Research Center
Civil engineers conceive and manage the physical infrastructure and environmental protection systems of our society. They design, plan, construct and manage physical facilities, including roadways, dams, buildings and pipelines. They may own a construction firm, be a partner in a consulting company, or work for a government agency or corporation. They can find work anywhere in the world, because there are needs for physical facilities everywhere.
The Department has fully fledged laboratories with latest Machines, Instruments and Software which supports the curriculum. To enable civil engineering students with best Faculties to set an in depth practical understanding of their engineering field and projects the labs are designed. We have advanced survey Equipments like total Station and other survey Equipments.
- Basic Material Testing Lab
- Surveying Practice 1 & 2
- Applied Engineering Geology Lab
- Hydraulics & Hydraulic Machinery lab
- CADD Lab
- Concrete and Highway Material Testing lab
- Environmental Engg Lab
- Geotechnical Engg Lab
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- PEO1:To produce Civil Engineering graduates who have strong foundation in mathematics, and basic engineering and prepare them with strong engineering knowledge and technical competence to use techniques, skills and modern engineering software that allow them to work effectively in areas such as Design,planing, construction, management, and Maintence.
- PEO2:To train students with good practical by use of modern equipped laboratory and conduct the experiments, record, analyze and interpret data and also in scientific and engineering breadth that cover multi-disciplinary subjects enabling them to comprehend, analyze Civil Engineering problems and develop solutions.
- PEO3:To inculcate the students in professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context and equip them with strong knowledge, competence and soft skills that allows them to contribute to the needs of industry, consultancy, and government
- PEO4:To produce graduates who have the ability to pursue advanced studies and research in disciplines and develop consciousness on the issues of social concerns and enabling them to upgrade their personality and experiences through community services to have a meaningful linkage with the society.
- PO1: an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering,
- PO2:an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data,
- PO3:an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within
- PO4: Realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability,
- PO5: an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams,
- PO6: an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems,
- PO7: an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility,
- PO8: an ability to communicate effectively,
- PO9: the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- PO10: a knowledge of contemporary issues
- PO11: an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Educational Objectives for the Undergraduate Program
The current Civil Engineering program educational objectives were developed as part of the program's ongoing efforts to maintain through innovation an undergraduate program that meets the needs of our constituents. The current educational objectives of the Civil Engineering program are:
- Graduates will achieve a high level of technical expertise so that they are able to succeed in positions in civil engineering practice or research, and in other fields they choose to pursue.
- Graduates will produce engineering designs that are based on sound principles and that consider functionality, aesthetics, safety, cost effectiveness and sustainability.
- Graduates will pursue lifelong learning, such as graduate work and other professional education.
- Graduates will be leaders, both in their chosen profession and in other activities.
- To prepare graduates for advanced education in Civil Engineering and related fields and for professional licensure.
- Engage in life-long learning through independent study and by participating in Professional Conferences, Workshops, Seminars or continuing education.
- To peruse knowledge and create awareness in the aspects of Civil Engineering and applying it by understanding design concepts usage of various codes of practices through technical skills , steam work embedded in their minds.
- Developing the infrastructure facilities by utilizing the available waste materials and minimizing the natural resources without disturbing the environment for the betterment of people in the world.
- Graduates should be capable of identifying analyzing and finding the solution for practical civil engineering problems in ethical manner by knowing their sense of responsibilities towards the society.
List of Program Specific Outcomes
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, computing, science and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design and construct a hardware and software system, component or process to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional, social and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Course @ Glance
- Materials of Construction
- Strength of Materials
- Applied Engineering Geology
- Hydraulics and Hydraulic Machines
- Building Planning & Drawing
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering
- Computer Aided Design Lab
- Quantity Surveying and Estimation
- Advanced Concrete Technology
- Surveying Theory 1 &2
News & Events
Capricot Pool Campus Drive -2017 Batch
Dept of Civil Organizing Industrial Visit on 27th & 28th April 2017
Dept of Civil Engg Organizing Industrial Visit - RDC Concrete (India) Pvt Ltd on 18th April 2017
Dept of Civil Organizing Technical Talk - Remote sensing and GIS on 11-04-2017
Dept of Civil Organizing Technical Talk on Digital Design and Prototyping-Market trends and challenges on 11-04-2017