Department of CIVIL was established in 2009 with an intake of 60. Department has well qualified faculty to handle the specialized subjects and laboratories. All laboratories are well equipped and maintained as per the VTU curriculum.
Civil engineering is the oldest engineering discipline after military engineering, and it was defined to distinguish non-military engineering from military engineering. It is traditionally broken into several sub-disciplines including environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, transportation engineering, municipal or urban engineering, water resources engineering, materials engineering, coastal engineering, surveying, and construction engineering.
“To excel in undergraduate instruction in all areas of Civil Engineering with excellent professionalism, sound and technical knowledge and in service to the public to meet technological demands economically and ethically”.
“To offer quality graduate program in civil engineering education. To prepare students for professional carrier and research oriented higher studies. Department promotes excellence in teaching, research, collaborative activities and positive contributions to society”
Marks - General
Marks - SC / ST / OBC
Eligibility - Subjects
- Physics & Mathematics along with Chemistry/ Bio technology/ Biology
Eligibility - Exam
- A rank is must in Entrance Examinations like CET, KRLM, COMED –K, AIET, AIEEE Etc,.
Application Not Available! Please contact the office!
Accreditation, Approvals, and Recognition
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Approved Research Center
Civil engineers conceive and manage the physical infrastructure and environmental protection systems of our society. They design, plan, construct and manage physical facilities, including roadways, dams, buildings and pipelines. They may own a construction firm, be a partner in a consulting company, or work for a government agency or corporation. They can find work anywhere in the world, because there are needs for physical facilities everywhere.
The Department has fully fledged laboratories with latest Machines, Instruments and Software which supports the curriculum. To enable civil engineering students with best Faculties to set an in depth practical understanding of their engineering field and projects the labs are designed. We have advanced survey Equipments like total Station and other survey Equipments.
- Basic Material Testing Lab
- Surveying Practice 1 & 2
- Applied Engineering Geology Lab
- Hydraulics & Hydraulic Machinery lab
- CADD Lab
- Concrete and Highway Material Testing lab
- Environmental Engg Lab
- Geotechnical Engg Lab
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- PEO1:Demonstrate proficiency in applying fundamental mathematical, scientific and engineering principles in identifying, formulating, analysing and solving civil engineering.
- PEO2:To achieve expertise in design and analysis of various civil engineering structures.
- PEO3:Exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication skills, team work in their profession and adapt to current trends by engaging in lifelong learning.
- PO1: Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems related to CE
- PO2: Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review literature, and analyze complex engineering problems related to CE and reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- PO3: Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems related to CE and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- PO4: Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- PO5: Modern Tool Usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with and understanding of the limitations
- PO6: The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the CE professional engineering practice
- PO7: Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the CE professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- PO9: Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- PO11: Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environment
- PO12: Life-Long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- PSO1: Competence in Civil Engineering: Educating students with fundamental mathematical, scientific, and engineering knowledge to have a significant and positive long-term impact on the field of civil engineering
- PSO2: Usage of Cutting Edge Technology: Inspiring students and preparing them for successful professional careers using appropriate techniques, resources and modern attitudes and modeling to complex engineering activities with practical knowledge and research exposure.
- PSO3: Continuous improvement: Motivate students in learning to learn and the ability to keep learning for a lifetime to increase their professionalism, update and deepen their knowledge through the development of the profession.
Educational Objectives for the Undergraduate Program
The current Civil Engineering program educational objectives were developed as part of the program's ongoing efforts to maintain through innovation an undergraduate program that meets the needs of our constituents. The current educational objectives of the Civil Engineering program are:
- Graduates will achieve a high level of technical expertise so that they are able to succeed in positions in civil engineering practice or research, and in other fields they choose to pursue.
- Graduates will produce engineering designs that are based on sound principles and that consider functionality, aesthetics, safety, cost effectiveness and sustainability.
- Graduates will pursue lifelong learning, such as graduate work and other professional education.
- Graduates will be leaders, both in their chosen profession and in other activities.
- To prepare graduates for advanced education in Civil Engineering and related fields and for professional licensure.
- Engage in life-long learning through independent study and by participating in Professional Conferences, Workshops, Seminars or continuing education.
- To peruse knowledge and create awareness in the aspects of Civil Engineering and applying it by understanding design concepts usage of various codes of practices through technical skills , steam work embedded in their minds.
- Developing the infrastructure facilities by utilizing the available waste materials and minimizing the natural resources without disturbing the environment for the betterment of people in the world.
- Graduates should be capable of identifying analyzing and finding the solution for practical civil engineering problems in ethical manner by knowing their sense of responsibilities towards the society.
List of Program Specific Outcomes
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, computing, science and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design and construct a hardware and software system, component or process to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional, social and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Course @ Glance
- Materials of Construction
- Strength of Materials
- Applied Engineering Geology
- Hydraulics and Hydraulic Machines
- Building Planning & Drawing
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering
- Computer Aided Design Lab
- Quantity Surveying and Estimation
- Advanced Concrete Technology
- Surveying Theory 1 &2
News & Events
Department of Civil organizing MOMENTZ 2019 on 21st-22nd March 2019
Department of Civil Organizing Extensive Survey Camp on 21st January 2019 to 30th January 2019.
Department of Civil Engineering Organizing Technical Talk on Opputunities for Civil Engineering on 19-11-2018
Department of Civil Engineering Organizing Industrial Visit to Vrushabhavathi Sewage Treatment Plant on 11-11-2018
Dept of Civil Organizing Industrial Visit - Waste water treatment plant on 31-10-2018